This is to notify you that the online portal for the student’s special assistance scheme popularly known as the Scholarship award program is ongoing. Students with financial constraints can grab this opportunity so to help and support them throughout their academy stay
This offer is only available for a limited time, so this is to inform all students aspiring for the ongoing Scholarship fund program, to submit their application online and also read the terms and application conditions via the link below.
TETA stands for The Transport Education Training Authority and was established under the Skills Development Act 97 of 1998. The authority reports to the Minister of Higher Education and is also responsible for increasing competency in the transport sector. It ensures that skilled and efficient individuals work effectively within the transport sector. They also assure the quality of education and training within the sector.
Eligibility Criteria For The Scholarship
All the below-mentioned eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the interested candidates. There should not be any exceptions or the application will not be considered.
- The candidate must hold South African citizenship.
- The candidate must be enrolled at World Maritime University.
- The candidate must be employed at the time of application.
- The candidate must be employed for at least 12 months at the same place.
- The candidate must hold an experience of at least 3 years in the maritime sector in South Africa.
- The candidate must get consent from their employer that they can participate in the programme and you will not lose their employment.
- Females candidates and middle managers will be given preference.
- The candidates with competency in the computers will be preferred.
How to Apply For The Scholarship?
The applications need to be submitted online through the official website of WMU.
Click here to apply.
All the mentioned documents must be sent via email at email@example.com and not with the application form. If any document is missing or faulty, the application will be rejected.
- Certified copies of ID documents.
- Certified copy of passport, if applicable.
- Certified copy of the application, if you have applied for the passport.
- Application for enrollment at WMU for admission. Make sure to attach the matriculation certificate with it.
- Motivational statement by TETA which can be downloaded from here.
- Consent letter from the employer at the current job. It should confirm that the employer is not against the candidate taking part in this programme and will be able to join again after completing the programme.
- An application form regarding Financial support for students who are unable to secure funding in their home countries. You can download the form here. The application must be advanced by the employer and sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A signed document implies that the candidate agrees with the terms and conditions. You can download the T&C here.
The application will be closed on 6 May 2022.
All the candidates must complete the application form before the deadline to avoid rejection of the application.
If there are any queries, the candidates can send them to:
Me Malcolm Alexander
Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA)
Telephone: 021 819 9606