To help students develop their skills in the area of Applied Sciences and Engineering, the PASET offers its RSIF Ph.D. scholarships for 2020.
The scholarship is available to talented students who would like to be considered for the doctoral degree at one of the host African institutions located in Tanzania.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Fantastic opportunity for Sub-Saharan African students.
WISE – Futures is one of the East and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence. Its goal was to attain excellence through enhancing the capabilities of Tanzania as well as African nations to address urgent issues in the areas of sanitation, water, as well as energy.
What are the reasons to join this program? Their aim is to attain excellence in education, learning as well as research and outreach in sanitation, water, and security of energy. They provide a stimulating educational environment for students.
- University or Organization: Wise Futures and PASET
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award tuition fees and other allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African Students
- The award may be used in Tanzania
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African Country
- Eligible Courses or Subjects Ph.D. in applied sciences engineering, technology, or engineering.
- Qualification Criteria In order to be considered eligible, applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
- The master’s degree has to be completed within six years prior to the date of April 30, 2020.
- Meet the conditions of admission for that African Host University they are applying to.
- You must be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country.
- You must be able to enroll full-time in the Ph.D. program within one of the African Host Universities in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Are you willing to invest six to 24 months in “sandwich” instruction at an overseas partner school or research institute, or a private business?
- Show that their research objectives are in line with those of the RSIF Priority Thematic Areas and help to develop Africa.
How to Apply
- Application Procedure: To be accepted into the program, candidates are required to enroll in the Ph.D. degree program at the university of the host. After that, they can submit a request for an award form.
- Additional Documents to Support Your Application: A copy of master’s or bachelor’s degree diplomas and transcripts from the university for master’s and bachelor’s degrees and current CV Personal statement/motivation letter, abstract for a Ph.D. thesis, and two official, signed letters of recommendation from your employer.
- Application RequirementsAspirants require a master’s degree that is relevant to one of the areas of study.
- Language Requirements: Students must have a proficient command of the spoken and written the English language.
RSIF Ph.D. scholars will be eligible for some of the benefits listed below:
- The RSIF Ph.D. The scholarship covers university fees and tuition A competitive stipend is provided to help cover the cost of living and travel expenses medical insurance, as well as costs for research.
- RSIF Ph.D. students are supported for 6-24 months of “sandwich”-style study at an overseas partner school either a research institute or a private business.
- RSIF Ph.D. students become part of a growing community of leaders who are emerging in ASET areas in SSA.
- RSIF Ph.D. students will have access to RSIF grant competitions for research following the successful completion of their doctoral dissertation.